Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A lot like falling in love....

Arrived at the polls at 6:30 this morning to vote. The polls were already packed. Out of the fifty or so citizens there already, I'd speculate I was the by far the youngest by a good twenty-five years. If I would have still had my pony-tail, I would have been a noted liberal. I stepped inside the shower stall size booth and filled in the black ovals for the candidate that I felt would be best....

What's sad about the BUSH era is that we've been lied to. It's like falling in love with the girl of your dreams and TRUSTING her with every facet of your life, only to discern an agitating itch between your thighs three months into the relationship and find her in your arms teary eyed and sad when she confesses to you that she has a past she isn't proud of.....

But maybe, the truth is such a rarity these days anyway, why should we recognize it (or even seek it)....

It's almost like we're enjoying everyone else's lie!

No comments: