Saturday, February 23, 2008

...I find myself living in the house on Heading Avenue with the Psychic

and my best friend John (who sadly I only get a chance to see maybe

four times a year if I am even that fortunate) has driven down to P-town

to visit me. And we are celebrating. We walk through a long parking lot

that for some reason is in my back yard and talk about the seedy looking

serial rapist who purportedly has been lurking behind the fence near the

dumpster. When we arrive at John's sports car we immediately head out

to celebrate. I tell John about the relationship I am currently in with

the classy grad student, how she insists on keeping our romantic rapport

surreptitious. We drive past the corner of Western and Heading

(appears in dreams weekly) stopping at the Pakistani run conveient

store to get more booze so we can celebrate upon seeing each other once

again. We pick up several bottles of wine and even some wine coolers (????)

and I toy with the idea of purcahsing several 100 dollar cigars. Inside the

conveint store the meat is rancid and had bugs lying eggs on it but the

poor and in need are still buyin meat while John and myself purchase

booze in the onset of celebration. Upon leaving the store John and I

began to drink and cruise before seeing my current girlfriend

clattering chicly down the side of the street, her head tilted into

her cell phone, tilted into her shoulder blade as if clueless and pondering

the deeper metaphysics of life at the same time. My arms twisted into

a weathervane of oscillating limbs as Johns car breezed past her and I told him

"Quick, make a youturn, that's her." Which he did, even though traffic was

was heavy and we narrowly avoided a sever collision. Marshalling his vehicle the opposite direction, we skidded upi next to the elusive angel and I imminently jumped out

and ran up to her, to which she pretended that she had never seen me before in her
life, screaming for help!!!





No comments: