Monday, December 13, 2004

Mara Muse

Just saw Hippie-Nikki (or Hikki-Nippie) for the first time in three weeks since our booze-addled assignation. Told her that after i left her apartment that morning I went back to the party to look for the ring she lost. I told her that I raked my fingers through mud beneath the stairs where we made out that night, feeling like frodo, hoping to locate the ring she lost. Nothing.

She didn't mention that she received the e-mail I sent her.

She told me she's going to Amsterdam over break.

Crazy girl. She's shorter than I remember her. Her dreadlocks were dirty and she was wearing cool thrift store clothing. She kinda looked at me like I was her parent or something (it's the short hair and the fact that I'm seven years older).....

ah well, the human heart. Thank God I didn't get more involved.....

(WOMEN ARE STRANGE!!!!!!!)

"tho we are not now that strength which in the old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal-temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-Tennyson, "ULYSSES"


8 comments:

David Von Behren said...

Dutch girls....so much for my Anne Frank and wooden shoe fetish.....

All I can say is bro, (since your my younger bro I'll mentor you here) is that, for the most part, the girls, teh whole sating scene, gets better with age, but it's mainly a sign of our own intellectual growth as well...

As John Lennon told Muhammad Ali, "The more real you get, the more unreal everything else is gonna get." Yeah, and never stop dreaming, but of course, you already knew that.....

David Von Behren said...

I meant "the" whole "dating" scene...can you tell I have my last final tomorrow???

Daniela Kantorova said...

Nothing like stumbling across a man to man convo, especially when the two are my YOUNGER brothers. ROFL.

David Von Behren said...

Damn right it feels like family. I'm actually closer to you guys than I am to me' mum and sisters....

David Von Behren said...

Damn right it feels like family. I'm actually closer to you guys than I am to me' mum and sisters....

Daniela Kantorova said...

i see Ace with a cigar and a glass of cognac, proclaiming in that smooth voice of his... some things only get better with age. you two decadent wayfaring brothers.

David Von Behren said...

decadent and dapper-my dear!!!

David Von Behren said...

Know ye all men by the pipe they smoke....I have three pipes...I love pipe tobacco...It's the hedonistic Hobbit in me!